
Feliz Día de los Tres Reyes Magos!
Happy Three Kings Day!
I hope that everyone who celebrates the holiday had fun today and that the camels ate all the grass the kids left out for them! I always loved Epiphany. The idea of exotic kings bearing precious gifts from far away lands caught my imagination early and it caught it good. I was the official keeper of the creche when I was a kid and wanted to keep it real and not put the Magi out until today, but I was always overruled by my parents. I wanted to stretch out the season as long as I could. The saddest day of the year for me was the Saturday after Epiphany when we put the decorations away and take down the tree.
But now I can keep my ornaments of Melchior, Balthazar and Gaspar up all year long. I think I just might.
Last month on Etsy a member curated a very cool treasury of Three Kings items - click on the title of this post to see a photo and my blog post about it. Scroll down a bit on the page that comes up.
(The painting above is "La Adoración de los Magos" by Velazquez, ca. 1619)

